Saturday, February 12, 2011

I was 4 hours late for work !!

So yesterday - i had thought i had to work 3 to 11pm. So i stayed up until 2am, studying for my medical terms test. I figured id take it in the morning after braydens first bottle. So i wake up in the morning & feed brayden. No issue. I look at my phone and i see i have tons of missed calls. Im like "what the hell happened at work today" (thinking they needed me to come in early) I listen to the voice mails - its the charge nurse saying "um, so you were saposted to work 7am to 7pm .. and its 830?!" By now, its 10. I FLIP OUT. I call her, explain the situation, then run around get brayden ready & head the 30 mins out of my way to my grandparents house to drop him off, then back the 30 mins to go to work. I finally arrived, my boss was quite pissed. She just pointed at me and directed me to her office. Oh yay. She tells me she understands, but for it to not count against me, i have to stay untill 11pm. Awesome, how am i saposto get this test done? She was like well i understand but you can go home at 7pm, just know you can only work 24 hours next week then. Well, i cant keep myself alive on 24 hours a week. So i had to take the hit and forget the test. :(

On a better note, i have Saturday and Sunday off, so today was spent hanging around, cooking & cleaning. And BOY what a stress reliever cleaning is. Like once i have a nice vacuumed, Lysol-ed, swiffer-ed house .. i get a high thats indescribable. Like "i can take over the world and make a baby happy" kinda high. But i also get THE BEST high from this little boy who just learned how to giggle :)

 

 And look at him, sittin in his bumbo while mommy mops the kitchen, even he gets happy from a clean house ..




Gosh, he has made even the worst days feel like the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment